Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Today's Positive Cute Story: Iceland Postal Letter Arrives At Its Destination By Hand-Drawn Map For Address
JackInCT
Custom User Title

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: No Mood

[*] Post 504442 posted on 31-8-2016 at 20:11 Reply With Quote
Today's Positive Cute Story: Iceland Postal Letter Arrives At Its Destination By Hand-Drawn Map For Address

Today's Positive Cute Story: Iceland Postal Letter Arrives At Its Destination By Hand-Drawn Map For Address

Rebecca Cathrine Kaadu Ostenfeld was reportedly surprised when a letter was delivered to the horse farm where she lives with her husband and three children near Búðardalur in the west of Iceland.

Instead of a postal address or a recipient's name, the sender had drawn a map of where they believed the farm to be, together with the following, in English:

"Country: Iceland. City: Búðardalur. Name: A horse farm with an Icelandic/Danish couple and three kids and a lot of sheep!"

The sender had also added a further clue to the intended recipient: "the Danish woman works in a supermarket in Búðardalur."

The letter had been written and sent from the Icelandic capital Reykjavík by a tourist who had stayed at the farm but who obviously did not know the address.

And, extraordinarily, it arrived at the right place.

This astonishing delivery took place in March and was then not reported until May, when it came to attention of local Icelandic news website, Skessuhorn which noted "anything is possible in Iceland".

The story has now, belatedly, gone viral on social media after a photo of the envelope was posted on Reddit.

JackInCT has attached this image.
Click the image to enlarge it:

Click Image To Enlarge
marymary100
Underwater Plumber

Theme: Iconic
Member Is Online

Mood: fact me

[*] Post 504443 posted on 31-8-2016 at 22:06 Reply With Quote

I saw that last night on Reddit. It was quite cheering that the postal service made the effort. kewl_glasses
LSemmens
Undercover MOD

Theme: Windows XP Silver

Mood: Gone crazy, Back soo

[*] Post 504445 posted on 1-9-2016 at 01:04 Reply With Quote

It is good the they made the effort to deliver it. I can understand that it would work in a small town. I'd expect it to work where I live, because everyone knows just about everyone else anyway. The fact that it got though the "big Smoke" postal system first is nothing short of amazing!
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.