Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: 2001 a Space Oddyssey
LSemmens
Undercover MOD

Theme: Windows XP Silver

Mood: Gone crazy, Back soo

[*] Post 504256 posted on 17-8-2016 at 11:42 Reply With Quote
2001 a Space Oddyssey

How many times did you watch it? Came across this on an Acoustic Guitar Forum and it raised some interesting topics that I had not considered for many years. The article would not have been out of place had it been written not long after 2001. Though it does give some good insight into the use of some cinematic tools that I'd not really considered as critical to the movie's "success".

I first saw it in 1969 and several times in the years immediately afterwards. I even read the book several times. Strangely enough, I actually started watching it again only a couple of days ago, before I came upon this article. I had to run some errands, so never did get back to watching it. (Only managed to get to the space station before I had to leave.)
John_Little
Chads-r-us...

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: Confused

[*] Post 504260 posted on 17-8-2016 at 19:57 Reply With Quote

Seen it a few times and read all the books. I think that article sums it up nicely.
the bear
Bears-r-Us

Theme: Purple

Mood: undecided

[*] Post 504261 posted on 17-8-2016 at 21:06 Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by LSemmens
How many times did you watch it? Came across this on an Acoustic Guitar Forum and it raised some interesting topics that I had not considered for many years. The article would not have been out of place had it been written not long after 2001. Though it does give some good insight into the use of some cinematic tools that I'd not really considered as critical to the movie's "success".

I first saw it in 1969 and several times in the years immediately afterwards. I even read the book several times. Strangely enough, I actually started watching it again only a couple of days ago, before I came upon this article. I had to run some errands, so never did get back to watching it. (Only managed to get to the space station before I had to leave.)

An outstanding film saw it several times on the cinema and now have a copy on DVD. Its a film that never dates, the music is iconic.

Regards the Bear waveysmiley
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.