Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: windows 10 updates ISO
John Barnes
Radical Freethinker

Theme: Coffee

Mood: benign

[*] Post 504076 posted on 6-8-2016 at 21:50 Reply With Quote
windows 10 updates ISO

I usually have two identical solid state drives with identical systems and programmes on them, in case one goes kaput I can alternate over
for some unknown reason the anniversary Windows 10 would not download, so I made a ISO copy of it onto a DVD and updated from the disk to both drives and it performed flawlessly
LSemmens
Undercover MOD

Theme: Windows XP Silver

Mood: Gone crazy, Back soo

[*] Post 504085 posted on 7-8-2016 at 10:04 Reply With Quote

I've just got my lappy back after having a HDD replaced under warranty. I spent a bit of time stuffing around because, although I should have had an image of W10 home for my lappy and W10 pro for my server, it appeared that I must have clobbered my W10 home stick with W10 pro. Anyway, after ensuring that I downloaded a copy of W10n home, all is good. With the right ISO, re-installation of W10 on a machine is relatively painless.

Given that my machine was returned with W8.1 on it (the system default) and the "free" upgrade is no longer available, I was mildly concerned that I might need to jump through lots of hoops to get W10 back. Personally, I think that M$ has finally gotten it right.
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.