Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Les Miserables
LSemmens
Undercover MOD

Theme: Windows XP Silver

Mood: Gone crazy, Back soo

[*] Post 503917 posted on 26-7-2016 at 14:23 Reply With Quote
Les Miserables

I picked up a copy of the 25th Anniversary Concert at out local secondhand shop the other day. Brand new and unopened. All I can say is the person that never watched it, missed out! It was an absolute pleasure to watch, and listen to! The finale (encores) included some of the original cast and also the next generation of stars from various schools. The future of the arts is still looking excellent. Given that it was only a DVD I found myself applauding and standing in appreciation of some of the numbers. I even went back and looked up the Susan Boyle rendition of "I dreamed a dream" to compare. She did do a very good rendition of it and could, possibly, have found place in the cast, just not as Coisette. IYKWIM.
marymary100
Underwater Plumber

Theme: Iconic

Mood: fact me

[*] Post 503919 posted on 26-7-2016 at 16:02 Reply With Quote

She memorises phrasing by rote and has "melt downs" when things don't go her way so a life as one of a cast would not suit her.

The Glums were ridiculed when they first came out but the first time I went to see it in Edinburgh I sobbed and now I am so conditioned that I sob no matter what production it is. We've tried and failed to get permission to put it on at school. When something is on the West End the producers are very protective of their lost ticket sales. I think in this case an amateur production would never stop people to go see the proper show.
LSemmens
Undercover MOD

Theme: Windows XP Silver

Mood: Gone crazy, Back soo

[*] Post 503925 posted on 27-7-2016 at 03:28 Reply With Quote

I agree that amateur productions are unlikely to affect ticket sales, au contraire, I'd suggest that it might encourage some of the "uneducated" masses to actually go and see the show.

As for SuBo , she may not cope, but, that said, years of being "alone" and being suddenly thrust into the spotlight might have been her undoing. According to WIKI she is doing alright for herself and lots of others, so, whether she would be suited to a role in Les Mis or any other stage show is really moot.

BTW it wasn't Coissette that sang it, it was her mum. my.........
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.