Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Ocean level rise
Knowledge of Ages

Theme: KF Blue (Default)
Member Is Online

Mood: pensive

[*] Post 503522 posted on 9-7-2016 at 02:40 Reply With Quote
Ocean level rise

One of the local radio stations to which I listen seems to totally buy into the man-made global warming hoax.

In some of their stories, they make reference to the ocean levels recently rising.

These alleged ocean level increases correspond to years in which deep-water temperature measurements showed that the temperatures were actually falling.

The alleged ocean level differences are very small--less than 4 mm. per year.

The wikipedia says that these measured increases come from satellite data. Hmmmm. Do satellites really measure so accurately, that they can tell an ocean has risen 4 mm or less, in a year's time? If they are off 1/4 of an inch, they could be reporting a rise, when it really fell. The difference between measuring the top of a wave or the trough would be a lot less than that.

If consistent global warming were a fact, and if the oceans were really rising all around the world, I'd think that would measured in a verifiable way on the ground and reported as such.

Since the CO2 effect multiplier necessary for the mmgw theory to work has never been demonstrated, something like real ocean waters rising would be a big deal, evidence-wise.
Mighty Faerie Hunter

Theme: KF Arctic Blue

Mood: Call Me GRANDPA!

[*] Post 503523 posted on 9-7-2016 at 03:17 Reply With Quote

Gee, I stay away for a few months, come back, and the Bovine Excrement is STILL strong with this one.

Time to disappear again, methinks.
Underwater Plumber

Theme: Iconic

Mood: fact me

[*] Post 503525 posted on 9-7-2016 at 07:46 Reply With Quote

If only you were as circumspect with your religious tomes and your lodgers as you are with science scholar.
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.