Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Can The Audio Track Of A Pop Up Webpage Video Be Automatically Muted
JackInCT
Custom User Title

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: No Mood

[*] Post 502889 posted on 30-5-2016 at 16:01 Reply With Quote
Can The Audio Track Of A Pop Up Webpage Video Be Automatically Muted

In humanity's never ending battle with the black forces of websites dictating (of the 'ask no quarter, give no quarter type') to an end user what they should view as popups despite the liberal use of popup blockers, flash blockers, etc., I have found that the latest HTML 'upgrades' to some websites is that the popup/flash blockers hardly work.

In particular, my motivation for posting this topic is that whenever I'm listening to music on my PC's speakers, the audio from the popup 'blends' (is added to) the audio in with my music, and even hitting the audio mute button on the popup that I can see, is insufficient, i. e., there are other popup videos that immediately begin playing (many of which are scattered all over the place on the webpage).

Has anyone, (1) found a setting(s) in any of the popular browsers that, when turned off/disabled, effectively result in muting the audio portion of a video on a webpage?, (2) any Plan B ideas???
John_Little
Chads-r-us...

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: Confused

[*] Post 502897 posted on 31-5-2016 at 08:52 Reply With Quote

The most annoying one is the one that tells you your computer is about to die unless you ring a certain number.
LSemmens
Undercover MOD

Theme: Windows XP Silver

Mood: Gone crazy, Back soo

[*] Post 502901 posted on 31-5-2016 at 09:58 Reply With Quote

What about turning the volume down in the mixer? Right click on your volume icon and select open volume mixer. There you should be able to kill the sound from your browser.
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.