Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Evangelical shenanigans
marymary100
Underwater Plumber

Theme: Iconic
Member Is Online

Mood: fact me

[*] Post 501887 posted on 13-3-2016 at 23:10 Reply With Quote
Evangelical shenanigans

I took the family out to lunch yesterday to a nice restaurant. My father happened to mention that he had been to visit a couple he and my mother were friends with the day before.

He said that that the woman said she often spoke to my mother and that my mother replies to her.

I am seething.

This is one of the group that insisted on visiting my mother when she was desperately ill and delusional so they could give her a token blessed in Jerusalem so she could have a "miraculous recovery".

There was no recovery.

I think people like this are dangerous at best, evil at worst.

Thoughts?

Am I being harsh?
LSemmens
Undercover MOD

Theme: Windows XP Silver

Mood: Gone crazy, Back soo

[*] Post 501890 posted on 14-3-2016 at 00:37 Reply With Quote

Without knowing the group, I would suggest that you are being a little harsh. There are some well meaning people (church groups included) that sincerely believe that they are doing the right thing. Would you have been so incensed had it been someone for whom the Tarot was their way of life, or Crystals, or "alternative" medicine. These people are sincerely wanting to see you mother healthy and full of life, what's so wrong with that? If you heard of a medical treatment on the other side of the world that was having good effect, would you not be willing to try it? Isn't visiting the sick and infirm a good thing? Have they asked for money in return for their services?
marymary100
Underwater Plumber

Theme: Iconic
Member Is Online

Mood: fact me

[*] Post 501896 posted on 14-3-2016 at 06:51 Reply With Quote

I'm seething about the claims that my mother talks to her.

I would not consult a card reader etc and would not expect them to turn up at the hospital plying their wares but the "miraculous object" story was just to explain the group in general.
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.