Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Windoze 10 Networking issue
LSemmens
Undercover MOD

Theme: Windows XP Silver

Mood: Gone crazy, Back soo

[*] Post 501124 posted on 22-1-2016 at 07:50 Reply With Quote
Windoze 10 Networking issue

Crazy setup. I have 4 PCs in my W10 network all are supposed to be able see and share with one another. All PCs can view data from our media server. I can see and access wife's PC from lappy, but the media server cannot seem to access wife's pc. Her PC requests a username/password ONLY for the media server. NONE of the machines have password protected sharing enabled.

The media server was able to access wife's machine and the only thing that has changed have been as a result of Windoze Updates. I've compared settings with lappy and server, and the only difference here is the fact that the server and wife are both connected via ethernet and the lappy and office machine are connected by WIFI. As I said - can see server from the network - can see wife from network, just cannot access wife ONLY from one machine.
John_Little
Chads-r-us...

Theme: KF Blue (Default)
Member Is Online

Mood: Confused

[*] Post 501125 posted on 22-1-2016 at 09:30 Reply With Quote

Another problem I had was sending music files to a bluetooth receiver. It said I was connected but insisted on playing the files on the laptop. I tried iTunes direct sound like what the instructions said, but to no avail.
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.