Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Ruby got a used Kindle for Christmas, but she doesn't know how to use it.
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: pensive

[*] Post 500842 posted on 11-1-2016 at 01:26 Reply With Quote
Ruby got a used Kindle for Christmas, but she doesn't know how to use it.

It already has some books on it (mostly public domain), but we don't know how t get into them to read them. The menu seems to indicate wifi capability, and there is at least one pdf file on the Kindle.

It has a Kindle instruction manual on it, but it hasn't done us any good since we don't know how to display any pages from it.
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

[*] Post 500843 posted on 11-1-2016 at 01:35 Reply With Quote
Second Kindle question

Ruby especially wants an NIV Bible downloaded onto it, so that she can view it even when wifi and phone towers are not available (such as in metal buildings). There are lots of online bible sites that will offer to view a page at a time from their server for free. But, can I get the whole NIV text somewhere? (As I think about it, I imagine it would come in smaller pieces, such as separate files for each Biblical book).

Since it has one pdf document in it already, I figure it must be able to display that format without any trouble.

One additional wrinkle: there are several different NIV texts around. We would like the one that has been around for some decades, if we can find it.
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

[*] Post 500844 posted on 11-1-2016 at 01:57 Reply With Quote
I just tried to download a pdf file onto Ruby's laptop

I am using Firefox browser and the laptop has the Windows 10 OS. When I selected to download the NIV pdf from a site that offers it, a tap appeared which began to display the file, Acrobat-style. But, I don't know where to find it in the computer. (I wasn't asked where I wanted the file to be saved to [forgive the grammar]).

How do I find it?

I'm thinking that, with it on Ruby's computer, there is probably a way to use our wifi that will copy or transfer it to the Kindle.
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.