Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Missouri Legislator Introduces A Bill Regarding Legislator Behavior
JackInCT
Custom User Title

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: No Mood

[*] Post 500804 posted on 8-1-2016 at 21:02 Reply With Quote
Missouri Legislator Introduces A Bill Regarding Legislator Behavior

Missouri Legislator Introduces A Bill Regarding Legislator Behavior

CNN New Article 01/08/16

Please NOTE: this is a bill that has been introduced in the Missouri legislature; it NOT yet a law, and won't be until (and if) it is passed and signed by the state's governor.

A Missouri lawmaker introduced a bill Wednesday that would require lobbyists to report "sexual relations" with state legislators as a "gift" in their disclosures to the state ethics commission [FYI: just about all USA states have some kind of legislation that require legislators to disclose certain information; many of these requirements have to do with the financial holdings (a report of same) of each legislator--ditto re registered lobbyists].

"We've already got a lobbyist gift reporting requirement and so that's how I worked it in there, by treating it as a definition of gift," Rep. Bart Korman, a Republican from High Hill, told CNN on Thursday. "I hope it deters any of that activity, but that if activity does occur, it's at least transparent."

Never mind whether if this became law it would be enforceable, I'm having a very hard time imagining the debate that would be occurring on the floor of the legislature, as well as imagining any legislator showing up to debate it to begin with [I have no idea in Missouri if there is a quorum requirement in order to pass a bill].
marymary100
Underwater Plumber

Theme: Iconic
Member Is Online

Mood: fact me

[*] Post 500806 posted on 8-1-2016 at 23:29 Reply With Quote

"I did have sex with that woman..."
LSemmens
Undercover MOD

Theme: Windows XP Silver

Mood: Gone crazy, Back soo

[*] Post 500820 posted on 10-1-2016 at 10:16 Reply With Quote

Is her name Lewinski????
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.