Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Poisonous "Christian" terrorism against women
marymary100
Underwater Plumber

Theme: Iconic

Mood: fact me

[*] Post 499859 posted on 29-11-2015 at 11:04 Reply With Quote
Poisonous "Christian" terrorism against women

Planned Parenthood murderer

It often seems to me, when perusing social media insanity, that many Americans like telling other people how to live their lives. "Thou shalt not receive advice/treatment to avoid unwanted pregnancy..." etc. The danger of the social media posts/reposts is that they encourage a violence towards healthcare providers and the women who need to use the service.

One example is the lie that PP was selling the body parts gathered during abortions for research. The "evidence" was doctored but endlessly reposted even when this was proven to be the case. It fitted the right-wing discourse that violence against "baby-killers" and / or women was justified.

It always amazes me when Americans try to prevent abortion and yet wholeheartedly promote a gun-culture which allows murder of real, fully formed, living, breathing human beings. A dichotomy? A bit insane? A tad mad?

If contraception shouldn't be allowed (and over 80% of what PP does is contraception related) and abortion should be illegal and that is what you truly believe, how many non-aborted babies are you personally willing to take in and look after until adulthood?

Pro-life comments
LSemmens
Undercover MOD

Theme: Windows XP Silver

Mood: Gone crazy, Back soo

[*] Post 499881 posted on 30-11-2015 at 01:53 Reply With Quote

What has Christianity got to do with this incident???? If anything, he was a deranged individual. I am against abortion because every child who, at that stage, is defenseless, deserves the right to live. Regardless of race, nationality, creed, or, for that matter, physical condition. I'd sooner see capital punishment re-introduced for any crime. At least those who are convicted, have made a choice to put themselves outside of the law. Do not, for any reason, think that I condone, or even remotely justify, this mans actions, I don't. I do find it rather anachronistic though, that we spend so much time and effort on preserving life once a child is born but, for the unborn, they have NO RIGHTS, and no say, whatsoever.

Now, to put this into perspective. For the Christian, since you brought it up, it should be no-brainer, abortion is killing - Thou shalt NOT kill. For those who do not hold to the tenets of that belief, then, "you pays your money, you takes your chances". Your own morals are all that should hold you to account.
marymary100
Underwater Plumber

Theme: Iconic

Mood: fact me

[*] Post 499892 posted on 30-11-2015 at 07:05 Reply With Quote

Those who oppose abortion in America via social media proclaim their Christianity frequently and use it as a rationale for their hatred. Oddly, there are no similar postings from American Jews or Muslims who have fundamentally the same position regarding abortion.

My question remains though, if you consider contraception/abortion wrong how many babies will you personally provide for till adulthood?
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.