Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Just bought our second Acer laptop
John_Little
Chads-r-us...

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: Confused

[*] Post 499474 posted on 17-11-2015 at 08:50 Reply With Quote
Just bought our second Acer laptop

My old (4 years) Samsung wont charge because I pulled the charging wire and broke the changing socket, I managed to get a lot of stuff off it whilst it still held a charge and went and bought another brand new acer. This one is almost the same as the one we bought earlier in the year but the keyboard is better (no visible gaps under the keys for crumbs) and the on/off button is on the right of the keyboard.

I am in the process of loading it up with stuff and plan to use it as my everyday computer and keep the older one mainly as a digital recording studio using an alesis io2 with Sonar 7 which I'm just learning to use but find so much easier than cubase.
LSemmens
Undercover MOD

Theme: Windows XP Silver

Mood: Gone crazy, Back soo

[*] Post 499480 posted on 17-11-2015 at 09:09 Reply With Quote

If all you have done is pull a wire, why don't you re-solder it?
John_Little
Chads-r-us...

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: Confused

[*] Post 499482 posted on 17-11-2015 at 09:15 Reply With Quote

Ah. Well, I managed to get the back (bottom) off but the socket is really packed in and covered by the fan. I suppose I could do it, in fact I suppose having resigned myself to not using it I ought to try as I cant see what more harm I could do. But the connections are underneath not on top where I was hoping they would be and I'd have to take a lot of boards out and disconnect loads of wires and stuff and remember how to put them all back.

I was wondering about trying to charge the battery separately somehow. Digger from SL found a special battery charger for 50 but I'm wondering if its worth it.

Earlier in the year, I tripped over it whilst it was open on the floor and cracked the screen case and hinge so its all taped up. I looked up how much it was worth and it was about 67.
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.