Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Christian or Jewish funeral rites?
marymary100
Underwater Plumber

Theme: Iconic

Mood: fact me

[*] Post 499189 posted on 7-11-2015 at 00:26 Reply With Quote
Christian or Jewish funeral rites?

Seems a no brainer to me

Quote:

A brother and sister who follow different faiths have gone to the high court to settle a dispute over how to conduct their mother’s funeral.

Iris Freud died on 12 October but her body remains in storage at West Middlesex University hospital in Isleworth because the siblings have been unable to agree on the mode and place of burial.

Susanna Levrant, 66, wants a traditional Church of England funeral for her late mother, with “familiar and much-loved hymns, and a rendition of If You Were the Only Girl in the World,which her father used to sing to the deceased,” the high court in London heard.

But her brother, David Freud, also in his 60s, insists their mother should have a “very austere” funeral, following Jewish mourning rites and without music. He also says she must be interred in a consecrated graveyard where “her burial will not be disturbed for hundreds of years”.
LSemmens
Undercover MOD

Theme: Windows XP Silver

Mood: Gone crazy, Back soo

[*] Post 499194 posted on 7-11-2015 at 06:39 Reply With Quote

Silly question, but, where is dad buried? It would seem reasonable to have her buried with her hubby. Unless she had made a specific declaration for her demise, would that not seem the logical thing to do, given that they were only separated by death, not for any other reason. As for the manner of service, it would seem logical to follow through on her later life. i.e. if she rejected Judaism, but did not embrace Anglicanism, then a civil ceremony, or one in keeping with her current belief set, should be held.
marymary100
Underwater Plumber

Theme: Iconic

Mood: fact me

[*] Post 499200 posted on 7-11-2015 at 10:14 Reply With Quote

I wonder if the judge ruled for a civil cremation they would come to their senses.

CoE seems like the right choice to me.
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.