Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Cancer Clusters
LSemmens
Undercover MOD

Theme: Windows XP Silver

Mood: Gone crazy, Back soo

[*] Post 499030 posted on 29-10-2015 at 10:41 Reply With Quote
Cancer Clusters

St Louis was the home of the Manhattan Project and now is coming back to bite them!
JackInCT
Custom User Title

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: No Mood

[*] Post 499033 posted on 29-10-2015 at 15:33 Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by LSemmens
St Louis was the home of the Manhattan Project and now is coming back to bite them!

These kinds of news stories always seem to remind me, once again, just how fragile, and precarious, homo sapiens existence really is, i. e., just how close we all are to extinction, and not just politically speaking, or culturally, either.

Rather than start a new topic, I will interject a thought that in all likelihood has occurred elsewhere on this or that Web forum, and has been spoken to by an assortment of homo sapiens: this thought starts with a basic premise: technology has evolved to a point that homo sapiens can now chronicle in excruciating detail its own extinction, i. e., its technology, however sophisticated, is not able to stem the tide of that reality/outcome since what they have done to their environment/habitat has finally caught up with them.

So I'm wondering as the End draws near, if there was indeed enough time for the last souls as they dwindle, to create an individualized/personalized time capsule, what they would put into it????
marymary100
Underwater Plumber

Theme: Iconic
Member Is Online

Mood: fact me

[*] Post 499034 posted on 29-10-2015 at 17:41 Reply With Quote

There is a childhood leukemia cluster here and an MS spike. People looked into it being connected to a nuclear powerplant and electricity pylons but no-one ever found conclusive proof of a causal link.

I have a statistically rare disease and was astounded that the teacher in the department closest to mine also has the same disease.

Sometimes clusters just happen.
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.