Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: How hackers can steal your money!
LSemmens
Undercover MOD

Theme: Windows XP Silver

Mood: Gone crazy, Back soo

[*] Post 498921 posted on 25-10-2015 at 00:08 Reply With Quote
How hackers can steal your money!

A very sophisticated card scam. For more details read the PDF attached, it looks into the "nuts and bolts" of the chip mod.
JackInCT
Custom User Title

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: No Mood

[*] Post 498924 posted on 25-10-2015 at 02:32 Reply With Quote
When There Is A Will....

When There Is A Will (as in a commitment to do right)

Once upon a time, govts, newspapers, etc., offered substantial cash awards for various technical feats, i. e., the first one to do this or that, or to invent this or that. As an example, way back in 1714 the British government passed the Longitude Act to solve the longitude problem in overwater navigation with a substantial cash payout [there was a huge stake in commerce to solve that problem]. [for the purposes of this reply, I will leaveout "prizes" like the Nobel Prize].

I couldn't find any current/modern equivalent of what was once relatively common.

I would think that it would be in everyone's best interest for some govt (or maybe a company like Google) to offer a substantial tax free prize for a hacker proof credit card (and probably that card swiping terminal to go along with it).

However I suspect that someone(s), other than the hacker thieves themselves, is making money off the hacked cards problem and is not the least bit interested in reducing the hack rate to zero (and I'm not referring to the petty ante bit players in that industry, but 'titans' of world commerce to include govts).
Katzy
Anything you like

Theme: Coffee

Mood: Fintlewoodlewix.

[*] Post 498929 posted on 25-10-2015 at 10:28 Reply With Quote

Never trust technology...
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.