Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Pope Francis
marymary100
Underwater Plumber

Theme: Iconic

Mood: fact me

[*] Post 497942 posted on 6-9-2015 at 15:29 Reply With Quote
Pope Francis

One family per parish

Quote:

Pope Francis called on Sunday on every European parish and religious community to take in one migrant family each in a gesture of solidarity he said would start in the tiny Vatican state where he lives.
"I appeal to the parishes, the religious communities, the monasteries and sanctuaries of all Europe to ... take in one family of refugees," he said after his customary Sunday address in the Vatican.
"Every parish, every religious community, every monastery, every sanctuary of Europe, take in one family," the pope said, to applause from the crowd at St. Peter's Square.

scholar
Knowledge of Ages

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: pensive

[*] Post 497944 posted on 7-9-2015 at 03:03 Reply With Quote

Quote:
"I appeal to the parishes, the religious communities, the monasteries and sanctuaries of all Europe to ... take in one family of refugees," he said

I am not intimately familiar with the details of how authority is exercised in the Roman church, but I would have thought that the Pope could order this to be done. I wonder--could he have ordered it? Did he chose to guide with a softer touch, rather than order it? How many will actually do so, and how many will fail to do so?

I am of the opinion that the parishes who get a Catholic family (Roman, or Eastern Orthodox) will have an easier time than those who get a family who considers them infidels.
LSemmens
Undercover MOD

Theme: Windows XP Silver

Mood: Gone crazy, Back soo

[*] Post 497948 posted on 7-9-2015 at 03:19 Reply With Quote

The Pope is, at least, willing to "put his money where his mouth is" on this. He is a breath of fresh air for the Roman church. I would hope that all parishes do follow his advice.
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.