Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Religious extremism
marymary100
Underwater Plumber

Theme: Iconic

Mood: fact me

[*] Post 497293 posted on 8-8-2015 at 00:20 Reply With Quote
Religious extremism

Telegraph

Quote:

in plain sight and surrounded by the smells of multiple barbecues being cooked by ultra-Orthodox Jewish families in Jerusalem's Sacher Park, he brazenly urged the same government to expel Christian places of worship from the Holy Land.
"We don't speak about people to do it. It's what the government needs to do," Mr Gopstein told the Telegraph in a rare interview with a foreign news outlet. "If the government wants to [have] a Jewish state, that's what we say."

Mr Gopstein was chillingly dismissive of the reasons behind the crackdown - saying he would shed no tears for one-year-old Ali Dawabshe, the Palestinian child whose death in last Friday's arson attack triggered a wave of condemnation from Israeli politicians.
"I don't support [but] I don't cry for it because my people are dying," he said when asked if he too condemned the attack, for which suspects are yet to be arrested.
"My people are dying every day, so I don't have tears for my enemies. But I don't do it, and I tell my people not to do it. "
Asked how a one-year-old child could be his enemy, Mr Gopstein invoked Ali Dawabshe's brother Ahmad, aged four, who survived the fire but suffered third-degree burns to 60 per cent of his body.
"If you see his [Ali's] brother, his brother is five or six. He says, 'I want to to be a shahid [martyr]'," Mr Gopstein said.
In fact, there is no record of Ahmad, who is gravely ill and has been visited in hospital by leading Israeli figures, including Mr Netanyahu and Reuven Rivlin, the president, having said this.
the bear
Bears-r-Us

Theme: Purple

Mood: undecided

[*] Post 497296 posted on 8-8-2015 at 03:34 Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by marymary100
Telegraph

Quote:

in plain sight and surrounded by the smells of multiple barbecues being cooked by ultra-Orthodox Jewish families in Jerusalem's Sacher Park, he brazenly urged the same government to expel Christian places of worship from the Holy Land.
"We don't speak about people to do it. It's what the government needs to do," Mr Gopstein told the Telegraph in a rare interview with a foreign news outlet. "If the government wants to [have] a Jewish state, that's what we say."

Mr Gopstein was chillingly dismissive of the reasons behind the crackdown - saying he would shed no tears for one-year-old Ali Dawabshe, the Palestinian child whose death in last Friday's arson attack triggered a wave of condemnation from Israeli politicians.
"I don't support [but] I don't cry for it because my people are dying," he said when asked if he too condemned the attack, for which suspects are yet to be arrested.
"My people are dying every day, so I don't have tears for my enemies. But I don't do it, and I tell my people not to do it. "
Asked how a one-year-old child could be his enemy, Mr Gopstein invoked Ali Dawabshe's brother Ahmad, aged four, who survived the fire but suffered third-degree burns to 60 per cent of his body.
"If you see his [Ali's] brother, his brother is five or six. He says, 'I want to to be a shahid [martyr]'," Mr Gopstein said.
In fact, there is no record of Ahmad, who is gravely ill and has been visited in hospital by leading Israeli figures, including Mr Netanyahu and Reuven Rivlin, the president, having said this.

The milk of human kindness runneth over :(

Regards the Bear
LSemmens
Undercover MOD

Theme: Windows XP Silver

Mood: Gone crazy, Back soo

[*] Post 497318 posted on 10-8-2015 at 03:31 Reply With Quote

He is a dangerous individual, he may, publicly, condemn violence, but his attitude is one of confrontation and violence. Problem is, you cannot rationalise with these people.
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.