Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Prosperity theology
marymary100
Underwater Plumber

Theme: Iconic
Member Is Online

Mood: fact me

[*] Post 497228 posted on 4-8-2015 at 00:22 Reply With Quote
Prosperity theology

Prominent leaders in the development of prosperity theology include E. W. Kenyon, Oral Roberts, TD Jakes, A. A. Allen, Robert Tilton, T. L. Osborn, Joel Osteen, Creflo Dollar, Kenneth Copeland, Reverend Ike and Kenneth Hagin.

Based on non-traditional interpretations of the Bible, often with emphasis on the Book of Malachi, the doctrine views the Bible as a contract between God and humans: if humans have faith in God, he will deliver his promises of security and prosperity. Confessing these promises to be true is perceived as an act of faith, which God will honour.

When I watch these programmes on various "God" channels I feel they prey on the vulnerable.

What do you think?
LSemmens
Undercover MOD

Theme: Windows XP Silver

Mood: Gone crazy, Back soo

[*] Post 497230 posted on 4-8-2015 at 01:16 Reply With Quote

It may well seem like that, Mary, but the principles taught are correct. It is the Love of money that is the problem not the money itself. If you listen to these people for what you can get then you've missed the point same as if you go to Church only to feel good (i.e. what you can get). The people of who you refer do tend to come across as money focussed, but I suspect that that is more the American psyche i.e. you gotta worship the almighty greenback than the message being taught.

There is certainly a lot in the Bible about money and it's use. Like any other instrument, it is a tool that can be used for good, or evil. At the end of the day, which God do you serve.
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: pensive

[*] Post 497250 posted on 4-8-2015 at 19:32 Reply With Quote

"Prosperity theology" is horribly wrong. It is in many respects a polar opposite to the Biblical "theoloy of the cross."

In Yahweh's covenant with the sons of Israel, He did have an agreement to help those faithful to the covenant by blessing their produce and animals. People who withheld their tithes or who broke the Sabbath would not have good crops like those who did keep covenant.

But Israel was a special case, and the Lord did not make such a covenant with believers in general. In fact, Jesus promised that those who followed Him would be persecuted. They were told to expect suffering for His name's sake.
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.