Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Where the Bible contradicts itself
marymary100
Underwater Plumber

Theme: Iconic

Mood: fact me

[*] Post 496764 posted on 16-7-2015 at 22:37 Reply With Quote
Where the Bible contradicts itself

Interesting website
John Barnes
Radical Freethinker

Theme: Coffee

Mood: benign

[*] Post 496768 posted on 17-7-2015 at 07:05 Reply With Quote

We are only allowed to believe the 4 gospels as decreed by the politically motivated Emperor Constantine when he called the conference of Nicaea.
The other lost gospels of Thomas , Peter . and Mary Etc are just false propaganda the council decreed,
. personally I think the lot is all propaganda to subdue a disparate non thinking for themselves population all handed down through the centuries by power cliques but don't tell scholar I said this jmb

(Biblical Gerrymandering)
Katzy
Anything you like

Theme: Coffee

Mood: Fintlewoodlewix.

[*] Post 496770 posted on 17-7-2015 at 09:43 Reply With Quote

With religious belief systems, it seems, to me, that if people wish to believe these things, that's their prerogative. It's when they start telling us why and try to convert others, to their way of thinking, that I get my hackles up.

I've studied the four "official" gospels, at some length. John's makes sense, most of the time. But, do any of them convince me of the existence of the Christian God?

'fraid not.

I suspect that, if I studied the Koran, it would do the same. People will believe what they believe, for whatever reasons. Trying to force someone to believe something is doomed to failure.

The good old babel fish comes to mind... ;)

If truth be told, I do happen to believe i something, which is of a quasi-religious bent. But, it's a rather personal belief, that has been formulated by my life and experiences. To try and explain that belief would be extremely difficult, because I don't think the words exist, to explain it.

So, yes, I have beliefs. But, no way would I try to convert others. :D
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.