Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Religious "thought" process
marymary100
Underwater Plumber

Theme: Iconic
Member Is Online

Mood: fact me

[*] Post 496553 posted on 9-7-2015 at 10:38 Reply With Quote
Religious "thought" process

God created woman - woman menstruates - woman can't touch Qu'ran...

God give me strength...

linky thing

Quote:

Wednesday’s vote came after clerics and conservatives lined up to criticise the choice of Rassouli, who has been a judge for 24 years and is the current head of Kabul’s juvenile court. They claimed only men were fit to sit in the highest court in the country.

Last month, one MP made his views clear. Menstruating women were considered unclean in Islam and were not allowed to touch the Qur’an, Qazi Nazeer Hanafi said. As judges put their hands on the holy book every day, and it was unfeasible for a supreme court judge to take a week off every month, ran his logic, Rassouli’s appointment should be opposed.

“It is against Islamic law. I will make a campaign and tell the other brothers to vote against her,” said Hanafi. “It would be a crime if I voted for her.”..

Aged 47, unmarried and living with her parents and siblings, Rassouli has impressed Afghan and foreign colleagues with her work in the capital’s juvenile court.
LSemmens
Undercover MOD

Theme: Windows XP Silver

Mood: Gone crazy, Back soo

[*] Post 496555 posted on 9-7-2015 at 11:49 Reply With Quote

What would you expect from such an "enlightened" source?
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: pensive

[*] Post 496564 posted on 9-7-2015 at 23:58 Reply With Quote

The use of the word "religious" for false religions, such as Islam, is problematic to the extent that it is the same word as might be used for the true revealed religion, that of the Christian Scriptures.

It is like using the word "knowledge" for every assertion, without distinguishing between true statements and false ones.

It is not a "religious thought process" that is the problem here, it is a false religion that does not value women highly.
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.