Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Found a purse/wallet yesterday.
Nimuae
Rajkumari

Theme: KF Blue

Mood: Enigmatic !

[*] Post 496412 posted on 4-7-2015 at 12:11 Reply With Quote
Found a purse/wallet yesterday.

It was in the car park at 'The Range'. No money in it - just about 100 receipts from The Range and Sainsbury's, two bank cards and a photo. Checked the name on the cards - went into The Range - to see if it had been reported lost or if they recognised the name - she was obviously a very regular customer. They did not want to know.

Took the purse home. Telephoned Sainsbury's.
They did not recognise the name either but happily took details in case it was reported to them.

Tried to telephone the bank - pre-recorded message asking for my account number!! Couldn't find any other numbers so gave up on that one.

Telephoned the police. It had not been reported to them. Their opinion was that as there was no money in it - it had probably already been 'found' and discarded. I had to practically force them into taking some details - name of the card owner, description of the purse/wallet etc.,
Gave them my name, address and telephone number - they immediately asked for my date of birth!

What in the world has my D of B to do with finding a wallet/purse?

Have asked at the village Post Office - could be regular there - but no one recognised the name.

Run out of ideas now - so have just put it on the bookcase by the front door in case the Police do trace the owner and send her round to collect it.

Who would think returning a lost purse could be so difficult?
Quaver
The Q

Theme: KPCH Default Blue

[*] Post 496414 posted on 4-7-2015 at 12:23 Reply With Quote

I'd just hand the purse to one of those shops. Range would be my first choice as it was in their car park, but since they did not want to know, can you hand it in to one of the banks?

It sounds like someone stole the purse, took the money, and discarded the remains.

My sister lost her purse once, it had her rail season ticket. She had it re-issued, but few days later she got a call from the train company saying that someone handed the purse to a building society (nothing to do with my sister).

She got everything back:)
delanti
Custom User Title

Theme: Coffee

Mood: Gaining momentum

[*] Post 496415 posted on 4-7-2015 at 13:48 Reply With Quote

This reminds me of one of my quirks. Most men carry their wallets with money in their left rear pocket. Makes no sense to me. I carry my wallet in my right rear pocket with no money in it. The money is in a money clip in my left front pocket. IF i lose one or get relieved of one of them, I still have the other.waveysmiley
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.