Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: FYI: How To Create A Text File & Print Out A List Of Installed Programs
JackInCT
Custom User Title

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: No Mood

[*] Post 495487 posted on 1-6-2015 at 01:36 Reply With Quote
FYI: How To Create A Text File & Print Out A List Of Installed Programs

FYI: How To Create A Text File & Print Out A List Of Installed Programs

There are multiple ways (including specialize dsoftware) of creating a text file (and printing it out if you so desire) of ALL your installed programs.

For me the following was the easiest since I had this program already installed; I used the freeware version of CCleaner by Piroform (which I've used for 10++ years).

Select "Tools"-the "Uninstall" choice at the very top of the page should be highlighted. In the lower right hand corner at the very bottom is the "Save To Text File" choice; just click on it, and it will open up Explorer with a canned name (Install.txt) to save the file to which you can modify to suit yourself.

I've attached an image file of the A & B list of names from my PC.

Finally, I haven't come up with a way of double-checking the list to see just how accurate/complete it is, i. e., if there are 'holes' in it. Anyone have an alternate way of doing this chore, i. e., comparing the accuracy of both lists should be as simple as putting them side by side (in alphabetical order, i. e., do a sort) in two columns in a spreadsheet; the number of rows should be identical.

Attachment: ccleaner install.txt (18.28kb)
This file has been downloaded 128 times
LSemmens
Undercover MOD

Theme: Windows XP Silver

Mood: Gone crazy, Back soo

[*] Post 495494 posted on 1-6-2015 at 03:28 Reply With Quote

cCleaner is a useful tool for keeping your system tidy. It's list of installed apps is far more comprehensive than the M$ list.
Katzy
Anything you like

Theme: Coffee

Mood: Fintlewoodlewix.

[*] Post 495497 posted on 1-6-2015 at 10:43 Reply With Quote

Just avoid cleaning the registry...

To get a list of installed programs is fairly easy, though. You can open a DOS window, CD to your "Program files" directory and enter "dir >c:\programslist.txt". In a few seconds, a file named programslist.txt will appear in the root of C, with your programs listed. Or, at least, their resident directories. :)
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.