Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Where is the power source on the monitor?
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: pensive

[*] Post 494545 posted on 18-4-2015 at 23:36 Reply With Quote
Where is the power source on the monitor?

I saw an e-machine monitor at a thrift store for $15 today. The video cord was a common D-type cord. It also had a jack branching off of the same cord (that is, from the same insulated cable) that looked like what one would plug into the computer audio output.

There was no power cable, such as usually goes from a computer to the household 110 volt power supply. And, there was no DC power converter, such as I am accustomed to seeing as the power supply for printers.

The monitor is the shallow, flat-screen type. It says the model is E15T3r, and the year of manufacture is 2004. (It dates from the time when the monitors were more nearly square, like the older televisions. A modern version would be a wider rectangle, such as one sees at theater movies.)

I examined the perimeter of the monitor to see if there was a place to plug in a conventional computer power cord--but, there wasn't.

For the sake of getting at least a few computer posts (which used to be a much greater part of KF), I'll ask the folks here if they know "the tale of the missing power connection."

It seems to me I have seen monitors made by HP which resemble the one about which I'm asking, but the HPs take the conventional computer power cords.

The thrift store guy knows nothing about it--he thought the part I believe to be the sound connection was the power cord, to a missing converter. Or, am I mistaken, and is he right?confused2
marymary100
Underwater Plumber

Theme: Iconic

Mood: fact me

[*] Post 494546 posted on 18-4-2015 at 23:48 Reply With Quote

As this is the power cord you are looking for a connector site similar to a mobile hole.
John Barnes
Radical Freethinker

Theme: Coffee

Mood: benign

[*] Post 494548 posted on 18-4-2015 at 23:54 Reply With Quote

See Scholar one picture is worth 1000 words I found your description wandering and vague to understand what you was after, but one picture sorted the issue for me I have a 32 inch monitor / come television that I use and it uses one of the chargers like what Mary portrayed and it is only one year old .
jmb
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.