Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Wacky WIFI issue
LSemmens
Undercover MOD

Theme: Windows XP Silver

Mood: Gone crazy, Back soo

[*] Post 494364 posted on 13-4-2015 at 14:28 Reply With Quote
Wacky WIFI issue

About a week ago I was given a badly infected laptop to cure. All sorted and owner happy. Since then my WIFI has been flaky as anything. I've reset the modem scanned my lappy (which was the only machine to have any physical - via a thumb drive - contact with said machine). I backed up all data across the wifi network, but have not opened any of those files so I doubt that my problem is virus related as some of my machines were not connected at the time.

I can log in via Wifi, sometimes, (at present my phone is working fine, as is son's but... my lappy now does not want to talk with wifi, nor my office machine, (which has been off until today), nor my daughter in law's phone.

I've performed a system re-set on the modem and am typing this on my lappy physically connected to the modem. My media server which is also connected to the modem cannot see the network.

It's crazy, I don't want to have to perform a system re-load on (minimum) 4 computers, but it's getting to the stage that it is the only thing I have yet to try.

FWIW - there are no new wireless transmitting devices in my home and I doubt that either of my near neighbours is the culprit in that, on one side, she is hardly there, and the other side has had the potential for years in that she talks to the farm via radio with an aerial mounted high on a mast but I've never had problems with that.

Any ideas?
LSemmens
Undercover MOD

Theme: Windows XP Silver

Mood: Gone crazy, Back soo

[*] Post 494365 posted on 13-4-2015 at 14:29 Reply With Quote

Aaaargh! Now the lappy has decided to talk via wifi again!!!!!
marymary100
Underwater Plumber

Theme: Iconic
Member Is Online

Mood: fact me

[*] Post 494366 posted on 13-4-2015 at 15:48 Reply With Quote

First sign of madness Leigh, talking to yourself... ;)
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.