Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: iPods and new computers
John_Little
Chads-r-us...

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: Confused

[*] Post 493741 posted on 25-2-2015 at 13:49 Reply With Quote
iPods and new computers

We have just bought a new laptop with the specific aim of using it for music in one form or another. All our music is stored on Theresa's 160gb iPod classic with nearly 40,000 tracks that we have built up over the years.

Anyone who knows iTunes will also know how precious they are about their stuff and how bloody minded they are when it comes to trying to move stuff from one computer to another. We did it before using Sharepod. The early versions of this - up to 3.9.9 are a free download and it worked wonderfully on our XP computers and then on the Windows 7. But when we tried to use it on our new Windows 8 laptop we had problems.

so I found and uploaded a version 4. This had a proper installation programme and during this, it warned me that I did not have quicktime loaded on the new laptop. I started Sharepod off and it immediately crashed. So, I downloaded and installed quicktime and tried again. This time it worked but it wanted me to buy a license to transfer more than 50 tracks.

So, I figured that since I had installed quicktime, that may fix the problem with the free 3.9.9 version and downloaded it again and it worked!

I am now in the slow process of backing up our iPod onto the new laptop. I'm expecting it to take a few hours so watch this space.

When its finished, I'll post the error code just in case anyone here has a similar problem.
Quaver
The Q

Theme: KPCH Default Blue

[*] Post 493743 posted on 25-2-2015 at 13:57 Reply With Quote

I bought a new Windows 8.1 laptop on Tuesday.
I was using Windows XP (have used dad's Vista and hubby's Windows 7) so the learning curve is hugeredface

iTunes? Glad I don't have iPods or iPhones:D
LSemmens
Undercover MOD

Theme: Windows XP Silver

Mood: Gone crazy, Back soo

[*] Post 493751 posted on 26-2-2015 at 00:11 Reply With Quote

It's possible, and not too hard I think that this is probably the best description of how to do it.
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.