Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Taking control!!!
Dreamweaver
The Phantom....

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: Empty....

[*] Post 492389 posted on 28-12-2014 at 20:43 Reply With Quote
Taking control!!!

of my "utilities"
I now have no water rates( damn good well ) , no central heating costs ( plenty of wood here for my raeburn).
Time to tackle the things I can't provide.

I have used BT for broadband, line etc here because other providers had to use BT whatsits to provide my broadband. Where I live is a bit " low signal" for mobiles/internet etc so BT had us in a stranglehold over our prices.
So I decided to "try my luck" with BT,.
I rang and asked for my mac code as I was moving to another provider, the operator asked why I was considering moving, and there began my rant.

I explained that BT in the last 12 months had silently added at least 40% a month to my bill without even allowing me the privilege of an e-mail/letter or pigeon post to tell me.
They would charge me 50% extra if I dared to go less that .01gb over my 10gb allowance.
They where now charging 1.75 a month for 2 items that were free previously...
The operator explained that their prices are in line with other providers, and I rallied with " how come my new provider is offering a 20gb(@ 11.00 a month with 6 months free ) allowance and line rental @ 13.00 compared to your 10gb allowance and 18.99 line rental. I think I scared him as he said "bear with me while I do some sums".

He came back with a reduced broadband charge plus free caller ID and I hummed a bit and said "but your still only offering 10gb broadband compared to 20gb offered, plus line rental @18.99 compared to 13.00 line rental.
I now have unlimited broadband, line rental, caller ID at the great price of 24.00 a month compared to 40.00 limited(10gb) BB useage.

All I can say is fight them, you can win!
marymary100
Underwater Plumber

Theme: Iconic

Mood: fact me

[*] Post 492390 posted on 28-12-2014 at 20:50 Reply With Quote

You go girl! :D
John_Little
Chads-r-us...

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: Confused

[*] Post 492392 posted on 28-12-2014 at 21:03 Reply With Quote

I had to deal with my mum's house insurance over the phone. I would have simply paid the amount on the renewal with her debit card but she said that she normally barters. I told the woman on the phone what my brief was and I got put through to a number of departments but stuck to my simple brief and came away with free legal cover and a 50 reduction!
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.