Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Having a Scholar day
delanti
Custom User Title

Theme: Coffee

Mood: Gaining momentum

[*] Post 491498 posted on 28-11-2014 at 20:26 Reply With Quote
Having a Scholar day

A few weeks ago one of my friends found out about all my trials and tribulations and called me and said I want to do something for you. They proposed getting reservations at a near by restaurant that was going to be doing Thanksgiving dinners and said all I had to do was meet them at their place at 4:30 Thanksgiving day. How could I say no.

So yesterday about 3:30 my Son and I piled in the car and started off. We had not gone far when all of a sudden, the car was loosing power and we barely made a fair sized hill. Soon we were on the side of the road with a car not running. Checking under the hood my Son discovered the main belt was off so no alternator, power steering, no nothing and a dead battery.

Luckily we were in front of a guys house that my Son knew and he took my Son back to the house to get his work van. When he got back, he loaded me up and took me back to the house. Then he went back to see what caused the belt to come off. It seems the power steering pump bracket had broken and let the pump drop down and throw off the belt. Well ain't this a fine mess Ollie!

Called my friends with the bad news and since the restaurant had a cut off time on serving that I could not make, they went themselves but did bring me a take out dinner including pumpkin pie. So all is well that ends well? Guess again.

I had an important Dr. appointment at the VA at noon today so I had to skurry around and find a ride up there for that. Luckily my best neighbor never hesitated when I explained my dilemma and gave me a ride up. Already lined up a replacement bracket at a junk yard, now just have to get it installed and I will be back on the road again. rant0000driv_ing
marymary100
Underwater Plumber

Theme: Iconic
Member Is Online

Mood: fact me

[*] Post 491501 posted on 28-11-2014 at 21:06 Reply With Quote

"I'm thankful for..."

Better luck next time.
LSemmens
Undercover MOD

Theme: Windows XP Silver

Mood: Gone crazy, Back soo

[*] Post 491503 posted on 29-11-2014 at 00:27 Reply With Quote

I wish you were closer, mate, I would gladly have a) given you a ride to dinner and b) fixed your car.

I pray that things improve!
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.