Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Republican wave election
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: pensive

[*] Post 490957 posted on 9-11-2014 at 21:10 Reply With Quote
Republican wave election

Republicans did well in the elections last week, picking up enough seats from Democrats to win the majority (and therefore control) of the Senate. They also picked up enough seats in the House of Representatives to now have 60 more votes than Democrats. And, with respect to executive leadership, the Republicans have 31 state governors, to the 17 held by Democrats.
These results are as reported by Real Clear Politics, which lists some plurality run-offs as if the leader will get the seat, if the lead is large enough
Here is another article by a writer happy with the victories

Republicans won in states normally held by Democrats--like the governorships in Maryland and Illinois.

Republican Scott Walker won in Wisconsin, in spite of the union money spent against him.

One consolation to Democrats--they held on to a Senate seat in Virginia that turned out to be a very close race.
Redwolf5150
Mighty Faerie Hunter

Theme: KF Arctic Blue

Mood: Call Me GRANDPA!

[*] Post 490958 posted on 9-11-2014 at 21:18 Reply With Quote

[badimg]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a224/redwolf5150/Highestbidder_zpsbb6297ba.jpg[/bad img]
Redwolf5150
Mighty Faerie Hunter

Theme: KF Arctic Blue

Mood: Call Me GRANDPA!

[*] Post 490960 posted on 10-11-2014 at 00:02 Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by scholar

Republican Scott Walker won in Wisconsin, in spite of the union money spent against him.

You mean he won because of the MILLIONS The Koch Brothers and other millionaires poured into the race through Political Action Committees. Walker outspent Burke by like 10-1 in advertising, most of it paid for by "dark money."

I've said before and I'm saying it now. You know NOTHING about how the political system works in this state. Kindly quit offering half arsed, unintelligent regurgitation of what you hear on Conservative talk radio and FAUX News.

It makes you look like an idiot.
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.