Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Nothing afterall
marymary100
Underwater Plumber

Theme: Iconic

Mood: fact me

[*] Post 490916 posted on 8-11-2014 at 22:43 Reply With Quote
Nothing afterall

I have delayed posting this for several months because I wanted to get my head around it first.

My mother was a firm believer in God. She believed in the entity and the omnipotence despite 7 still births. She thought that life and toil was a test and that the devil was testing her.

She died for many minutes and was resuscitated. She was terrified because there was nothing. No angels, no heaven, nothing. No bright lights, no sound, nothing.

We had many long talks in the intervening months before she died in February and although it was a notional belief by then, I'd have to say that the heart had gone out of her and someone with certainty became filled with doubt.

So those of you with belief, why would someone who believed experience nothing in those moments when others speak of "experiences"?
LSemmens
Undercover MOD

Theme: Windows XP Silver

Mood: Gone crazy, Back soo

[*] Post 490927 posted on 8-11-2014 at 23:40 Reply With Quote

That, O'Mary is the 6 million dollar question. I have no memories of my time as a dead man, however, my wife tells me that I came and spoke to her when she was at her lowest point. I said, "I am going to walk with Jesus for a few days and then I'll talk to you". That is what happened, I remained comatose for a few more days and then woke up.

The scriptures state that "the dead in Christ shall rise first and after that comes the judgement". To me, that indicates we will have no interactions until judgement day. Christ also refers to death as "sleeping" so, maybe we do dream, I don't always dream when I am asleep, so when we die, that may also be the case. Some people sleep walk, and even carry on conversations whilst asleep and awake with little or no memory of such occurrences, who knows, death may well be similar.

Any religious belief, especially Christianity, is one of faith, and faith means that we act without knowing the outcome. At the end of the day we all die, and then, when we are truly dead and buried, we'll find out, or not, as the case may be.
John Barnes
Radical Freethinker

Theme: Coffee

Mood: benign

[*] Post 490930 posted on 9-11-2014 at 00:26 Reply With Quote

And I remember watching my operation and quoting back later to the nurse who was there what the surgeon said she was dumbfounded. Also going down the tunnel and seeing my Dad who sent me back saying I had responsibilities ahead of me which all came true having to bring up my two grandchildren when my son died, It was all so real but 30 years have dulled the impact jmb
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.