Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Redwolf's Crazy Court Cases
Redwolf5150
Mighty Faerie Hunter

Theme: KF Arctic Blue

Mood: Call Me GRANDPA!

[*] Post 490841 posted on 6-11-2014 at 00:18 Reply With Quote
Redwolf's Crazy Court Cases

RIPPED from the headlines and pages of The Lakeland Times and/or The Northwoods River News in Northern Wisconsin, USA

Minocqua youth charged with giving puppy pot brownie
By Jamie Taylor
Reporter/Photographer
A 17-year old Minocqua youth is facing adult charges in Oneida County Circuit Court for an incident in July where a 7-week old puppy ate a pot-laced brownie and became sick.
Shelton K. Thornton had his initial appearance Monday in Branch I before Judge Patrick O'Melia on charges of possession of THC, possession of drug paraphernalia, both class U misdemeanors, and giving poison to an animal, a U class forfeiture violation.
According to the police report attached to the criminal complaint on July 25, Minocqua Police received a call that Thornton had given the brownie to the puppy and that it was sick. When Lt. Jason Benbenek arrived, the puppy was found to be very lethargic and could barely pick up its head and could not stand. Thornton's brother said Shelton had dropped the brownie on the floor and the puppy ate it before he could stop it.
The dog was taken to Northwoods Animal Hospital, where it started gagging. The veterinarian recommended that it be taken to the 24 hour emergency animal hospital in Wausau where it could be monitored closely in case its condition worsened. After obtaining a urine sample from the puppy for drug testing, the animal was taken by its owner to Wausau. The puppy survived the incident.
According to the report, Thornton admitted to Benbenek that he had dropped the pot-laced brownie and that the dog ate it. He also allegedly turned over a baggie of several burnt marijuana "joints." When Benbenek searched the living room of the house where Thornton slept, he allegedly found a glass pipe used to smoke marijuana that Thornton admitted was his.
The case was referred to the District Attorney's office and Thornton was sent a summons to appear in court on the charges on Monday. O'Melia set a $1,500 signature bond in the case that required Thornton to submit to the booking process at the Oneida County Jail where he was then released. He has an adjourned initial appearance on November 10 to give him time to obtain a lawyer.

And, to REALLY pxxx off my editors and myself, THIS was his booking photo. So we ran it, too.

[badimg]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a224/redwolf5150/Shaggy_zpsde29bc83.jpg[/bad img]
Redwolf5150
Mighty Faerie Hunter

Theme: KF Arctic Blue

Mood: Call Me GRANDPA!

[*] Post 490843 posted on 6-11-2014 at 00:38 Reply With Quote

We'll see if he's still smirking once the paper hits the streets Friday morning.

roffleroffleroffleroffleroffleroffleroffleroffleroffle
marymary100
Underwater Plumber

Theme: Iconic

Mood: fact me

[*] Post 490847 posted on 6-11-2014 at 07:49 Reply With Quote

Name and shame. Although here it would be prejudicial to presume guilt before a trial and the case would be thrown out.
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.