Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Jeffery Deaver
Nimuae
Rajkumari

Theme: KF Blue

Mood: Enigmatic !

[*] Post 486166 posted on 6-5-2014 at 10:29 Reply With Quote
Jeffery Deaver

Any fans in here?

From Glen Ellyn, Illinois, he is 63, not very tall, slim as a racing snake and has a wicked sense of humour! He also has one of the gentlest american accents I have ever encountered - really soft and lovely. He is over here on a 'whistle stop' tour to promote his new book "The Skin Collector" which is the 12th in the Lincoln Rhyme series of crime novels.

I met him last night at Waterstone's bookshop and was really impressed by him. He read a passage from the new book before giving a talk on how he became a writer. Then he gave time for us to ask questions before sitting to sign copies of the book. Afterward he mingled and chatted happily with everyone. It was a pleasure to meet such an interesting and friendly person.
LSemmens
Undercover MOD

Theme: Windows XP Silver

Mood: Gone crazy, Back soo

[*] Post 486174 posted on 6-5-2014 at 12:23 Reply With Quote

I've not read any of his works, but, all that said, generally, those who are at the top of their game, be it author or (spit) politics, that rely on the good will of the public to remain at the top, are very personable people. I've known a few politicians, one or two high profile speakers, well known musos and the like, and they have all been great people. For you Poms: Heck, although I could have, I did not get to meet Cliff Richard when he came to OZ in the 1980s, but I did meet one of his band and he was a great bloke.
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.