Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Win 8
delanti
Custom User Title

Theme: Coffee

Mood: Gaining momentum

[*] Post 485237 posted on 24-3-2014 at 16:52 Reply With Quote
Win 8

Since my PC went down recently I decided that I wanted to do some upgrades on it at my leisure so I picked up a new PC with Win 8 yesterday and spent the afternoon getting it set up and running.

So far I am less than impressed. A lot of crap on the screen that is of no use to me but I need to sort through just to find what I want. Where I used to be able to just go to start and pick my program now I have to go to programs and then search for what I want. Seems like more work than before. Also when I boot up I have to sign in to MS with user name & PW which is another PITA. Will have to figure out how to get around that. confused2
LSemmens
Undercover MOD

Theme: Windows XP Silver

Mood: Gone crazy, Back soo

[*] Post 485241 posted on 24-3-2014 at 23:10 Reply With Quote

Apparently it does grow on you. It is a complete mind shift from previous versions and I have only had to help set up one 'puter with it so far so cannot help any further. Two sons have it, and they work with the boxes all the time and both seem to think it is the best yet.

From my, limited, experience it does seem to be way more responsive than previous versions.

Why M$, in their infinite wisdom, seem to take great delight in shifting stuff around and displaying useless cr*p on screen, is beyond me! You'd think that, by now, they'd realise their customers don't like that sort of change for the sake of it!
delanti
Custom User Title

Theme: Coffee

Mood: Gaining momentum

[*] Post 485242 posted on 24-3-2014 at 23:50 Reply With Quote

I know I am an old fogey but I think young people today (under 40) like things that are "neat" and care less about functional. I have always been a keep it simple and easy to use kind of person so all the jumping around drives me nuts. Already decided the old box will have to get rebuilt soon.waveysmiley
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.