Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: The mother lode
delanti
Custom User Title

Theme: Coffee

Mood: Gaining momentum

[*] Post 484285 posted on 21-2-2014 at 20:07 Reply With Quote
The mother lode

My Son does a lot of work for several of the local Auto Salvage businesses cutting out windows from wrecked vehicles. He is always finding little goodies like umbrellas, sun glasses and CD's. Normally there is nothing in this bag of goodies that I am interested in, it is like the cars, junk.

Yesterday he he brought half a dozen computer related cd's however most were Gateway driver cd's, nothing worthwhile. But then one was a Hiren;s Boot CD 11.0. Oh Mercy, I have died and gone to heaven. 180 computer utilities on one disk that I am sure will be use full someday.

Then there was one disk labled OpenSUSE which is an operating system based on Linux which I have no use for since I am not inclined to get into that operating system.

I tried several of the utilities on the Hiren's and they seem to run ok. Some of the utilities I have used before and some I have read about or researched in the past but not used and then there are some I have never heard of but all in all, a welcome addition to my collection.dancinglockhyperhyper
LSemmens
Undercover MOD

Theme: Windows XP Silver

Mood: Gone crazy, Back soo

[*] Post 484289 posted on 22-2-2014 at 00:54 Reply With Quote

Hiren has been a free download for a long time, it often contained software for which no licence fee has been paid, be wary. I'm not so sure about recent versions, however. It is a useful tool if you do not already have a collections of repair/recovery disks.
waffler
Proud to be called a BRIT

Theme: KF Blue

[*] Post 484295 posted on 22-2-2014 at 01:45 Reply With Quote

Hirens is a useful tool :)
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.