Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Because of Obamacare, I've lost my former health coverage
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: pensive

sad.gif Post 481897 posted on 27-12-2013 at 00:51 Reply With Quote
Because of Obamacare, I've lost my former health coverage

President Obama said, "If you like your health plan, you can keep your plan." But, he lied--tens of millions of people have learned they cannot keep their same health coverage. Perhaps the worst part is, he KNEW he was lying--his advisers told him it wasn't true, but he continued to say it, anyway.

I have been covered by a non-government charity health clinic administered by the Sisters of St. Francis (a Roman Catholic order). I went in for my annual evaluation, to get my clinic card renewed, and was told the program is ending. Their pharmacy, from which I have gotten thousands of dollars' worth of medicine at no cost to me, will be sending out the medical prescription scripts to whatever pharmacy the patients select.

What killed the program? Obamacare! My case worker told me to sign up for Medicaid, the government program for poor people, which has been expanded under Obamacare. It is notorious for underpaying for medical services and for limiting medical and pharmacy medicine choices.

Because it underpays for so many health services, many doctors decline to take Medicaid patients. (A less severe position is for a doctor to take a limited number of Medicaid patients, thus taking a pay cut to serve some poor people, but not limiting the number so as not to ruin their own financial prospects.)

I will have to make copayments for my medicines, the amount depending on which list the medication is on.

As bad as it is to read of the harm Obamacare has been causing the country--people having their health insurance cancelled, people losing income because their hours are cut to make them part-time employees, people having their health insurance rates go up, etc.--it really hit home when the health coverage I have enjoyed for years was cancelled, and I was told to put myself at the mercies of government-health-care-for-the-poor.angrymad2
Nimuae
Rajkumari

Theme: KF Blue

Mood: Enigmatic !

[*] Post 481905 posted on 27-12-2013 at 07:20 Reply With Quote

Maybe it is time to look for better paid work, Scholar. or is the employment situation very bad where you live?
marymary100
Underwater Plumber

Theme: Iconic

Mood: fact me

[*] Post 481909 posted on 27-12-2013 at 10:54 Reply With Quote

Maybe it's time to stop expecting charity.
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.