Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Obama/Mandela
delanti
Custom User Title

Theme: Coffee

Mood: Gaining momentum

[*] Post 481046 posted on 9-12-2013 at 16:14 Reply With Quote
Obama/Mandela

Much has been made over the last few days by both Obama and the media about what the man Mandela and his writings have had on the man Obama.

I for one fail to see any similarity between the two. I thought when Obama was elected to the Presidency that what I would see would be a replica of Mandela, a man of his Country, a man of harmony between black and white, a man of compassion and free of hatred.

Instead I see a man who has dealt with every black vs white issue who has come down on the black side. A man who refuses to compromise but is determined to get his way as shown by the way the ACA was passed. He was more concerned with leaving a legacy law than leaving a legacy.

Instead of one time giving the opposition one tidbit of compromise, he has manipulated the situation to put himself in the best possible light and the opposition in the worst. I am not sure if all this is the man or the political party who got him elected but as the top man in the party he should have some leadership as to where the Country goes. I believe he is content to let the Senate do the dirty work and set back and let it happen.

Mandela was able to take a sharply divided country and bring it together without it becoming a civil war and spilling blood in the streets. I fail to see one thing that Obama has done to improve anything in this Country between black and white, rich and poor or young and old. It will be years before the ACA plays out and we find out if it is good or bad. It may turn out to be his legacy but it could turn out to be his Albatross.

If I had the option of electing Obama or Mandela as the first black President in the US, I would have voted for Mandela. On all the Sunday news shows, many past and present officials of the US Government spoke glowingly of Mandela and his dignity and demeanor. How I wish I could do so of my President.waveysmiley
Theravad
Super Moderator

Theme: Windows XP Silver

Mood: Indigo (dark)

[*] Post 481145 posted on 10-12-2013 at 17:04 Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by delanti

If I had the option of electing Obama or Mandela as the first black President in the US, I would have voted for Mandela. On all the Sunday news shows, many past and present officials of the US Government spoke glowingly of Mandela and his dignity and demeanor. How I wish I could do so of my President.waveysmiley

On the other hand Obama managed to get the nobel peace prize within a few weeks f gaining office - must be a saint? lips_sealedlips_sealedlips_sealedlips_sealed
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User Theravad's Aim Theravad's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger Theravad's Yahoo
Redwolf5150
Mighty Faerie Hunter

Theme: KF Arctic Blue

Mood: Call Me GRANDPA!

[*] Post 481232 posted on 12-12-2013 at 17:01 Reply With Quote

Why should Obama have to compromise with the GOP, who has refused to compromise and doesn't believe that they lost the 2012 election?

It is these extremest Tea Party members of the GOP who have taken the country hostage, NOT the president. If you believe otherwise, you really need to look at the facts, not what FAUX News is spewing.
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.