Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: I want to use a radio player
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: pensive

[*] Post 475637 posted on 10-8-2013 at 23:07 Reply With Quote
I want to use a radio player

I have Windows Media Player 9 series on my WinXP Pro machine, and have tried to use the Radio Tuner. It comes up with the "work offline" feature checked, which does not allow the Radio Tuner to function (even though my computer is online by ethernet connection all the time). If I uncheck the "work offline" feature, the old dial-up connection box that I used to use for my old phone modem (which is still in the computer, but not hooked up to a phoneline) comes up, prompting me to connect through the modem--even though I am already connected to the internet.

Can someone tell me how to get WMPlayer 9 to work as a radio tuner? Or, do you suggest another program to use for Internet "radio"? Years ago, I listened to some radio programs through Realplayer--is that a good choice?
waffler
Proud to be called a BRIT

Theme: KF Blue

[*] Post 475641 posted on 10-8-2013 at 23:44 Reply With Quote

Just use http://www.pandora.com
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: pensive

[*] Post 475645 posted on 11-8-2013 at 00:58 Reply With Quote

I have tried Pandora, Waffler, and it does not work on my machine. My PC does not meet minimum system requirements. I think the BIOS on my machine is 2003.

But, I remember tuning in to some radio stations that also put their broadcasts online in the late 90s, and often got fairly decent response on my 56K modem. I would imagine I could get great audio-only--unless the stations are sending more on their internet feeds to take advantage of faster connections with the better sound possible.
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.