Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Ramadan in Saudi Arabia--no one is allowed to eat, drink, or smoke in public during the fast
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: pensive

[*] Post 474593 posted on 11-7-2013 at 16:44 Reply With Quote
Ramadan in Saudi Arabia--no one is allowed to eat, drink, or smoke in public during the fast

Article here.

It matters not, whether you are Muslim.

Foreigners may be arrested, lose their jobs, and be deported.

Other penalties include lashing, imprisonment, or both (the article reads as if these are more likely for natives).

If I read this correctly, a Christian could still eat a lunch in a room behind closed doors--the idea is not to offend the predominant Muslim culture.

What do you think?
marymary100
Underwater Plumber

Theme: Iconic
Member Is Online

Mood: fact me

[*] Post 474594 posted on 11-7-2013 at 16:47 Reply With Quote

When in Rome...

Ramadan is actually very hard to complete. A whole lunar month of fasting between sunrise and sunset. If you sleep in you miss food between one night and the next. The food is hard enough but the lack of fluid is really the hard part particularly when Ramadan is in the middle of summer when the days are so long and hot. The purpose is to have everyone thinking about the poor who often have these conditions all the time. For that reason alone everyone should try it at least once in their lives. You might surprise yourself.
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: pensive

[*] Post 474597 posted on 11-7-2013 at 17:45 Reply With Quote

The poor often have the condition of no food or water while the sun is out? I remember reading an article about certain homeless people in California. They said that free food is plentiful, that anyone who will just show up to eat can have more food than a person would care to consume. Almost anywhere in the U.S. has places where a free drink of water is available.

One might think the zakat requirements would mean few people in Islamic countries would be without food. I have read that Shites are expected to give 20% khums.
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.