Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: 100,000 Christians are killed every year for their faith, according to the Vatican
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: pensive

[*] Post 473237 posted on 28-5-2013 at 21:31 Reply With Quote
100,000 Christians are killed every year for their faith, according to the Vatican

Mainly in Africa, Asia, and the Middle East.
John_Little
Chads-r-us...

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: Confused

[*] Post 473249 posted on 29-5-2013 at 12:36 Reply With Quote

It comes nowhere near the number of muslims killed by Western forces over the last ten years. Goggling muslim deaths in Afghanistan and Iraq suggests that the number of muslim deaths is in the millions.
LSemmens
Undercover MOD

Theme: Windows XP Silver

Mood: Gone crazy, Back soo

[*] Post 473303 posted on 31-5-2013 at 02:49 Reply With Quote

I did that google search, John, and the main hits seem to be similar to Scholars sources. I'm not saying that the information is wrong, just a trifle exaggerated.

In many ways I tend to agree with the sentiment expressed on those websites that, "If the Americans Withdrew then all would be all right again", however, it is not that simplistic. If the Americans withdrew, I'd suspect the sectarian violence would continue, we'd hear precious little about it, and the poor innocent people who may well be Muslim, or Christian, would suffer.

Scholars point is that these Christians were killed solely on the position of their faith. In war, which Afganistan, Iraq, etc, is, there is no differentiation based on race, creed or ethnicity. I doubt very much that, in this day and age, that Muslims, or any religion other than Christianity, are being killed solely for their beliefs.
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.