Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: LAN and high-speed connection on wrong log-in
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: pensive

[*] Post 469582 posted on 28-1-2013 at 21:35 Reply With Quote
LAN and high-speed connection on wrong log-in

This is my first post since the iTV3 company installed my speedier internet connection which uses their fiberoptic cable.

It happens that, when I organized this computer, I listed two choices for Windows log-ins. I left one of these names unused, while the other, Scholar, was the one I used for my browser with my view-every-time tabs, for shortcuts to documents and programs on my desktop, etc.

While I was absent, the iTV3 installer-technician came to the house and hooked up the computer with an ethernet cable (I think). But, he installed the shortcut to view the connection, etc. under my never-used login name. He didn't put anything on my well-worn, crowded log-in, which still tries to get onto the internet by phone modem. If I try to open a browser without my phone modem, I'm prompted to connect through the phone modem.

But, when I logged in under the never-used name, it tells me there is a LAN connection available, and my Opera browser uses it fine. However, the Opera browser does not open the tabs it had open when I closed it as "scholar."

How do I get the connection stuff which was put on under the other name transported to my Scholar desktop?

(Of course, I am writing this from the other name's desktop.) :(
marymary100
Underwater Plumber

Theme: Iconic

Mood: fact me

[*] Post 469583 posted on 28-1-2013 at 22:24 Reply With Quote

POP3 information is as follows:
Server Type: POP3
Incoming server: mail.itv-3.com
Outgoing server: mail.itv-3.com
All ports are default, with no SSL authentication or encryption.
Username: Full email address (ex. johndoe@itv-3.com)

If you did not find the answer to your question, please call us at (309) 670-1291 or email info@iTV-3.com. waveysmiley

Quote:

ITV-3 Support Friendly & Local Office Hours: - Sun 9-5 - M-F 8am-10pm - Sat 9-5 - Emergency On-Call Technicians Available 24/7 Real-time expense management Dedicated team of local account executives Phone: (309) 670-1291 Address: ITV-3 331 Fulton Street, Suite 300 Peoria, IL 61602 Email: Technical Support: support@itv-3.com General Questions: info@itv-3.com Service Request: sales@itv-3.com
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: pensive

[*] Post 469589 posted on 29-1-2013 at 01:53 Reply With Quote

They set up everything for me on the "other desktop" on my computer; I just want to know how to copy shortcuts and such onto the "Scholar" desktop that I use all the time.

If someone knows how they would do that, I could continue to use the Scholar desktop. Otherwise, I think I'll find myself working on the other desktop, eventually finding and rebuilding the shortcuts from the Scholar desktop on a do-it-by-hand-and-mouse basis.
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.