Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Opera Upgrade
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: pensive

[*] Post 469015 posted on 11-1-2013 at 19:16 Reply With Quote
Opera Upgrade

I am preparing to upgrade to Opera 12, and it has been years since I have upgraded my browser. I am doing so now because some web sites give me a notice that I cannot use all their features (e.g. Yahoo maps, Facebook).

I have checked the system requirements, and my 2003 BIOS system running Win XP Pro looks to be good enough.

Does anyone have any advice? Do I need to be walked through it?

After I got married, my wife insisted that I remove my second computer, so it is now packed away. As a result, I am not presently in compliance with Scholar's Rule: Always have a second computer ready, to contact KF for help if you have trouble with your best computer. Is a browser upgrade simple enough that I need not worry? Or should I have a second computer up and running in case my new Opera causes me grief, so you could help me with the problem?
John_Little
Chads-r-us...

Mood: Confused

[*] Post 469016 posted on 11-1-2013 at 19:33 Reply With Quote

Have you got a fall back browser? I think I've got 5 or so browsers on my PC and have had ever since I tried doing the html thing years ago.

But you really shouldn't need it and anyway, you could always revert if anything does go wrong.
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

Mood: pensive

[*] Post 469019 posted on 11-1-2013 at 19:45 Reply With Quote

I do have a usable IE, JL, and my ability to sign on to the internet is independent of my Opera 8 browser.

So, I do have the reassurance that I should still be able to get to KF on the IE, unless I somehow manage to mess up my computer beyond any usefulness as I install Opera 12.

Thanks for the reassurance.
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.