Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Talking of lies
marymary100
Underwater Plumber

Theme: Iconic

Mood: fact me

[*] Post 465323 posted on 17-10-2012 at 20:24 Reply With Quote
Talking of lies

There's a lie being spread that in the State of Ohio Obama was trying to stop the military and their wives voting early.

The Supreme court assured that all voters in Ohio arguably the most crucial of the swing states in the Nov. 6 election can cast ballots at polling places right up until Election Day.

The Democrats were trying to stop it being only the military and their wives having that privilege.

Now why are the GOP so keen to only allow the military to have extra voting days, I wonder?
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: pensive

[*] Post 465335 posted on 18-10-2012 at 02:10 Reply With Quote

People living on military posts have, historically, had some trouble getting their votes to count. They are away from their home states, and they must follow the military schedule. Many people in the service have complained that they had difficulty getting a ballot on time, and getting it back to the states early enough for it to count.

Republicans have been stronger than Democrats in pushing for people in the service to get help in this respect.
marymary100
Underwater Plumber

Theme: Iconic

Mood: fact me

[*] Post 465339 posted on 18-10-2012 at 08:18 Reply With Quote

The GOP know that they do well out of military votes scholar, no wonder they are pushing to help them but not others.

Having added some Americans on social network sites I've realised that the truth is a rare commodity when it comes to election campaigns.
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.