Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Aaaaarrrrrrgggggghhhhhh!!!!!!
LSemmens
Undercover MOD

Theme: Windows XP Silver

Mood: Gone crazy, Back soo

[*] Post 461509 posted on 8-8-2012 at 02:12 Reply With Quote
Aaaaarrrrrrgggggghhhhhh!!!!!!

Please tell me I'm going mad!!! I absolutely Lurve Bashing my head against the wall!!! It feels great when it stops! angrymad2angrymad2angrymad2 'Cept it never does!

My home network was working fine, with only two things left to do. Connect the network to the printer and connect the lappy wirelessly to the office router. Plug in the printer, could not make it appear on the network as a printer, no biggie, look at that later. turn on lappy, "security keys mismatch". ABSOLUTE BS!!!! I use, and have used, the same key for years and can type it in my sleep. OK. I'll plug the lappy in and copy the key from the router just to make sure. BAH! Still no joy. Too late so go to bed and look at in the morning.

Good Morning! No blimmin' internet! Looking at the modem, it has synch etc. I can log on to the router and the modem but cannot get onto the 'net. from ANY 'puter, now.

Restart modem, still no joy. Unplug everything and restart modem and 'puter and here I am.

Now! Why? If I connect everything up again, I'll be back to angrymad2 again.

How is it that, with everything plugged in that IP address assignment is not handled by the local router, nor by the server, but seems to occur at random from the router at the far end of the networK?
Katzy
Anything you like

Theme: Coffee

Mood: Fintlewoodlewix.

[*] Post 461520 posted on 8-8-2012 at 09:30 Reply With Quote

It couldn't be something bloody silly, like a dodgy cable, could it?
LSemmens
Undercover MOD

Theme: Windows XP Silver

Mood: Gone crazy, Back soo

[*] Post 461530 posted on 8-8-2012 at 15:17 Reply With Quote

I wish! I actually purchased a special network cable continuity tester for just this purpose. no Joy! All cables TOK.

I'll start again.

I have a Billion 7401VP wireless modem/router set up as my Internet server. Connected to that is a Netcomm NB5plu4 modem/router for my lounge room. I also have connected a Netgear WGR614 wireless modem/router to my office. (on a different frequency)

Just so I am not perpetuating a simple error, I'll not say what I have tried.

Can anyone tell me roughly what settings I need for any computer on the network to share files with any other computer on the network and allow all computers to access the internet and one printer (connected to the WGR614 router)? I'm convinced it is router configuration that is causing me grief 'cause all worked fine until I decided to add the slave routers.
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.