Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Setting up home network.
LSemmens
Undercover MOD

Theme: Windows XP Silver

Mood: Gone crazy, Back soo

[*] Post 457426 posted on 23-5-2012 at 13:55 Reply With Quote
Setting up home network.

Until recently my network consisted of a 4 port W/modem router that served my home one port of which connected to my office where there was another 4 port W/modem router used to feed my office and all worked fine (Internet was only connected to the house modem though I could access the net via the office modem). My needs have evolved and I thought to connect another 4 port W/modem router in my living room to service my growing list of connectible devices. Here's where things fall over. I initially tried my network locked modem (hitherto unused) as a slave off my main modem, no joy, so I thought, OK, I'll use that as my main modem and move my Billion router into the lounge. Still no joy! Here's where it gets flaky, From my PC in the lounge I can log onto the main modem (a Thomson) and the office modem (a DLink) but I cannot log onto the Billion, which is insane as my Computer is connecting to both other modems through it!!I'll attach a couple of diags so you can see what I am trying to achieve.
Suggestions, both polite and otherwise will be treated with the appropriate level of disdain. Thanks folks.

LSemmens has attached this image.
Click the image to enlarge it:

Click Image To Enlarge
LSemmens
Undercover MOD

[*] Post 457427 posted on 23-5-2012 at 13:55 Reply With Quote

The thomson router reports thus:

LSemmens has attached this image.
Click the image to enlarge it:

Click Image To Enlarge
LSemmens
Undercover MOD

[*] Post 457428 posted on 23-5-2012 at 13:57 Reply With Quote

At this stage I can only access the 'net via the laptop. What am I missing? How should I set this up correctly? All slave modems are connected using one of the ethernet ports to an ethernet port on the main modem. When I can get it all working wired, I intend to use the wireless connections too. (As each modem will have some overlap in range they will all be on differing channels)
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.