Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Beatles tribute band "American English"
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: pensive

[*] Post 457003 posted on 13-5-2012 at 14:19 Reply With Quote
Beatles tribute band "American English"

Some of the cable TV channels in the US are "public access" channels i.e. non-commerical channels where individuals or groups may send out a program. One of them in my area has the label "Religious Access."

You can imagine my surprise when I tuned in early one morning to hear Beatles music recorded from a live performance at the high school of my town. I was pleased with how close they sounded to the Beatles. I only caught perhaps the last four numbers in the performance. One of them sung and played like John, one sung and sounded like Paul. I didn't hear lead singing by the stand-ins for George or Ringo. There was a fourth person in American English, the fellow who played the keyboard parts.

Here is the cover page for their site

And here is the site.

The players stayed in character between numbers and while making comments (maintaining their Liverpool accents, for example).

Have you listened to tribute bands? Did you enjoy them?
marymary100
Underwater Plumber

Theme: Iconic

Mood: fact me

[*] Post 457004 posted on 13-5-2012 at 15:35 Reply With Quote

Out staff night out is often at the local racecourse and for the party nights they have various tribute bands who perform on various stages rotating through the acts as the night wears on. Once people are in the party mood they will get up and dance and sing along with "Tina Turner" or "Abba" look-e-likies and have good fun.

e.g. http://www.ayr-racecoursegallery.co.uk/main.php?g2_itemId=11859 (I am not in any of these photos btw)

I would never bother to watch a tribute band unless it was that kind of occasion.
John_Little
Chads-r-us...

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: Confused

[*] Post 457039 posted on 14-5-2012 at 08:56 Reply With Quote

I saw a decent Beatles tribute band in the Fake Cavern in Liverpool (the original has long gone). At the end of the set, they took off their costumes - including Beatles wigs and revealed themselves to be a bunch of 18 year old college kids. Amazing. I think they were called "The Mersey Beatles"
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.