Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Office 2010 outlook startup
miket
Familiar Face

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: No Mood

[*] Post 448222 posted on 16-11-2011 at 13:07 Reply With Quote
Office 2010 outlook startup

I use Outlook as my email browser and I have quite a lot of folders under the Personal Folders Inbox where I store emails that I have received and wish to save for future reference, within these folders are numerous sub folders and most are kept expanded. Of late when I go into and open up outlook all the folders have been collapsed, I then go through and expand all again, this will then be ok for a few days and then I will once again find they have all been collapsed. Although this is not the end of the world it can be most annoying, I have tried unsuccessfully to find an answer to this and ask for the Forum for help, I am sure that it is very simple but I cannot find the box to check if that is all it is. Thanking you in anticipation.

Kind Regards, Miket
JackInCT
Custom User Title

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: No Mood

[*] Post 448227 posted on 16-11-2011 at 15:58 Reply With Quote

Hi, I'm at the end of a 30 day demo version (NO, NOT an OEM version either) of the Office 2010 Corporate Edition of Office 2010. I've found an enormous wealth of help/tips on Office 2010 re my learning curve issues. Sometimes the phrasing of the search word is what it takes to find the right tip. And be advised that MANY of the Office 2007 hits are VALID for Office 2010. And I have YET to find a case where my high end demo was really ANY different from the basic version of 2010. Hope this helps.

By the way for ALL Office 2010 users. In case you haven't run across this, some VERY kind soul in Germany (and who is fluent in English) has written a FREE plug in/add on that gives you the "classic" Office interface (you can switch back and forth between interfaces).

The download (and his website) URL is:
http://www.ubit.ch

And while I'm at it, there is another Free add in that will work with ANY version of EXCEL, i. e., it's a custom MACRO that's a godsend for wide spreadsheets as you read across an individual row.

"The RowLiner add-in allows you have Excel automatically draw row and/or column lines around the active cell, making it easier to view rows and columns, especially when gridlines are not visible". The entire interface drawing across a row can be HIGHLY customized (color, width of the line, etc.,).

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/rowliner.htm
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.