Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: NEW Challenge
Nimuae
Rajkumari

Theme: KF Blue

Mood: Enigmatic !

[*] Post 447748 posted on 10-11-2011 at 08:21 Reply With Quote
NEW Challenge

I haven't given you one of these for a while. I was at a 'writers day' recently during which we had to chose six words out of a hat, tombola fashion, and use them to make a story or poem.
My six were :-

Rich: Curiosity: Fire: Breath: Echo: Stars.

See what you can make from them.
Nimuae
Rajkumari

Theme: KF Blue

Mood: Enigmatic !

[*] Post 447749 posted on 10-11-2011 at 08:27 Reply With Quote

Here is what I made from them :-

Rich. Curiosity. Fire. Breath. Echo. Stars.

I am lying in the gutter. Wet, cold and abandoned. Just another piece of natureís detritus. People pass me by without a second glance but I have known glory days. My life began in Spring when the sweet breath of April tempted me into unfurling and my vibrant, sap enhanced green shone in the sunshine, My stem was strong then and my grasp upon my branch unshakable. Then came Summer; her gentle kiss made me blush to a rosy gold; her soft winds taught me to dance and sway to lifeís inevitable rhythm. They brought an echo from another time, telling tales of far off lands where the days are always warm and the night are full of stars. Autumn arrived in a shower of rain. Her tears stroked my surface and transformed me to a rich russet glow; but her nights became cold and my grasp on life less firm. Sunrise hit the sky with a ball of fire and the North windís cruel hand shook tree, and branch, and twig into nakedness. So here I lie. Maybe, just maybe, someone will notice me. Perhaps the curiosity of a child will lift me from this place, keep me safe, admire my shape, my colours and learn from me. Perhaps not.

© 1st November, 2011
LSemmens
Undercover MOD

Theme: Windows XP Silver

Mood: Gone crazy, Back soo

[*] Post 447758 posted on 10-11-2011 at 10:06 Reply With Quote

Rich: Curiosity: Fire: Breath: Echo: Stars.The Stars are a curiosity Their Breath is a fire that burns, rich in echo of creation.
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.