Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Enhanced security airport searches
marymary100
Underwater Plumber

Theme: Iconic
Member Is Online

Mood: fact me

[*] Post 432639 posted on 16-4-2011 at 08:02 Reply With Quote
Enhanced security airport searches

Child frisked - should everyone be subjected to pat downs? Would security be compromised if some were exempt?
Quaver
The Q

Theme: KPCH Default Blue

[*] Post 432646 posted on 16-4-2011 at 10:42 Reply With Quote

I think it's fine, I always had pocket full of stuff when I went on planes, and got frisked all the time when I was young.

All my family will just laugh, it being a common occurancefish_slap

Come to think of it, I was frisked twice this month alreadyroffle
It was the hair clips. I swear, the machine got more sensitive recentlywaggyfinger
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: pensive

[*] Post 432681 posted on 17-4-2011 at 01:42 Reply With Quote

1--I think security people should do like the Israeli security--look for suspicious people, and focus on them.

2--In the US, airports were supposed to be able to withdraw from the government security system, and implement their own. Recently, when airports attempted to do so, they were told they were welcome to apply for independent security, but that the Obama administration would not give permission for any others to become independent. So, most of the US is stuck with government workers who seem to make a point of searching old white women who are not strong enough to fight back, as if they wish to prove they have no prejudice against Arab Muslims or Persian Muslims as possible bombers.

So long as the US government is stupid enough to weigh down our economy by making invasive, unpleasant, machine-expensive searches on passengers who are not really terrorist suspects, the terrorists are getting the delight of ongoing economic harm. This has been true under Republican and Democrat administrations alike (it has gotten worse lately, but that is only because it took time to implement the see-through-clothing machines).
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.