Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: How Do I Save An Email As A Webpage
JackInCT
Custom User Title

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: No Mood

[*] Post 430131 posted on 6-3-2011 at 17:10 Reply With Quote
How Do I Save An Email As A Webpage

I received an email (on one of my webmail accounts) with a record number of links, images, etc., that I wanted to save in a webpage file format so that I wouldn’t have to access this webmail account every time that I wanted to view a link (or image).

The webmail did not offer me any option that I could find to do that (and that was the first time that I even looked for such an option); the browser (IE) offers me that option when I surf (under File/Save As), but when I tried that with this email, I received an Error Message that stated, “webpage could not be saved”.

I tried the “Select all” copy & paste route with two of my word processing programs (Word & WordPerfect), but neither worked well to a level where what I wanted was functional, i. e., whole oodles of stuff didn’t make it over in the paste for unknown reasons.

Any suggestions?
crikey
junk male

Mood: gruntled

[*] Post 430137 posted on 6-3-2011 at 20:00 Reply With Quote

Do you use only webmail? No email program on your system?
JackInCT
Custom User Title

Mood: No Mood

[*] Post 430140 posted on 6-3-2011 at 21:25 Reply With Quote

Possible good idea that warrants further work. I do have a POP3 email account, AND I could Forward that email to it, and try BOTH my IE and possibly my Firefox browser to see what happens [I've never tried Firefox with this POP3 account; so that's an unknown], not to mention that Firefox has all kinds of free add-ons that might fit the bill re an enhanced feature of some type for this chore. By the way, this webmail is the free type and definitely in the no-frills, re features, category.

It also has crossed my mind that perhaps Plan B would be to attempt to create a PDF file (I've downloaded the recent Ver 10.x of the Adobe Reader, and perhaps I'll find a useful feature there).
PS: I have no idea why Adobe gave this upgrade a version number that ended in an "x", cause it's not a beta version as far as I can tell, i. e., I simply clicked on Update on my Reader Ver 9 and that is what the update download did all on its own.
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.