Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Calling the Tiscali users! (TalkTalk whatever)
Daz
Custom User Title

Theme: KPCH Default Blue

Mood: w00t - Lge1 :-))

[*] Post 419876 posted on 18-10-2010 at 00:34 Reply With Quote
Calling the Tiscali users! (TalkTalk whatever)

I cannot, under any circumstances login to the webmail with Opera. Anybody else managed this?

I know the web servers are hit and miss ATM, and down more than a tarts knickers, but when it is working, I can get in with Firefox ok, but no matter what config's I try with Opera, it won't play.

Any idea?

It's only a throw away account, so no real harm done, just a PITA, and curious if our other Opera users can manage it.
View User's Profile View All Posts By User Daz's Aim This User Has MSN Messenger Daz's Yahoo
marymary100
Underwater Plumber

Theme: Iconic

Mood: fact me

[*] Post 419889 posted on 18-10-2010 at 06:08 Reply With Quote

People on the TT forums are complaining about the same thing Daz. Apparently they are "working on it". I'm just glad I moved to another ISP.
giron
Who Me? As if:)

Theme: KF Blue

Mood: Inquisitive.

[*] Post 419893 posted on 18-10-2010 at 08:04 Reply With Quote

Tiscali webmail is working using Opera, for me.
However, as Matilda pointed out they are messing about with the mail server and also the spam, filter, this has been going on for several weeks and they still haven't got it working properly, hence all the complaints in the forums.

I also suspect that they will attempt to close down all the PAYG dial up accounts that aren't actually being used to access the internet, as you are aware many people using other ISPs have a dial up account in order to obtain a Tiscali email address to access the forums, but this generates no revenue for TalkTalk.
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.