Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Photo Display Software
dtr204

Theme: Mystic

Mood: eh...

[*] Post 419785 posted on 16-10-2010 at 14:22 Reply With Quote
Photo Display Software

Doing some work for a car dealership and im having a bit of a time deciding on the software i should use to go about this.

here's the deal;

There's two flat screen lcds in the show room that i've already wired to a computer. They want me to take a bunch of pictures of customer's buying their car and display them on the 2 monitors. I guess i could use windows screen saver picture display to accomplish this, but i was looking for something a bit fancier.

They would also like a 'ticker' scrolling the service departments specials at the bottom, over top of the pictures. haven't found a decent app to accomplish this as of yet.

Lastly, they want audio playing recorded advertisements while the pictures are being displayed and the ticker is scrolling. The easiest route i could think of on this is to have the sales people record a bunch of 'commercials' that i can convert to mp3 and then just setup a playlist in vlc and loop it to play in the background. however this may be a bit repetitive. Is there software out there that will randomly choose an audio file from my list and play them at specific intervals??

For the record, im not just replying on you fine people to accomplish a task for me that i had already told this dealership i could do. They contracted me to upgrade their existing boxs and perform some general maintenance, and this little project just happened to come up in a conversation with the owner.

Any and all thoughts on this subject are greatly appreciated. Thanks!
dtr204

Theme: Mystic

Mood: eh...

[*] Post 419786 posted on 16-10-2010 at 15:11 Reply With Quote

Also, can someone take a look at this page. ProMax.

I have a few users here running macs, and we cannot get the login to display in any other browser other than Ie. anyone know of a workaround?
Daz
Custom User Title

Theme: KPCH Default Blue

Mood: w00t - Lge1 :-))

[*] Post 419794 posted on 16-10-2010 at 21:16 Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by dtr204
Also, can someone take a look at this page. ProMax.

I have a few users here running macs, and we cannot get the login to display in any other browser other than Ie. anyone know of a workaround?

Contact the webmaster and tell him he's s***. What an awful site. also maybe point him towards w3.org...

As for your other issue, there are so many ways of doing it. Maybe look at just running on a basic HTML format, which will solve the ticker thing, and enable the audio/visual to be displayed. Could be run direct off a unit, no need to actually make it a live webpage.
View User's Profile View All Posts By User Daz's Aim This User Has MSN Messenger Daz's Yahoo
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.